Sunday, December 30, 2007

Who Are You -- Can I Trust You?

Who Are You --- Can I Trust You?

Organized crime aside, beating a prospect over the head is not a reasonable sales tactic. Years ago I was taught that in order to make a withdrawal, I first had to make a deposit; maybe many deposits – depending on my immediate request.

This theory should apply to our sales and marketing strategies. When we make a sales call we want something -- and we want it even before the person says ‘hello’. Script reading might have worked years ago but marketing today requires a deposit of trust-building strategies before you ask for their money.

Further, scripts come off in a business-language that seems to trigger the person you have on the phone with a big ‘caution’ sign. Their guard is up and their wallet is o View the rest of this article


No comments: