Thursday, November 15, 2007

Are The Stars Out Tonight? Reconnecting With The Power Of Mystery

On a crisp June night I?m lying in my sleeping bag at 10,000 feet in the Sierra?s Desolation Wilderness. Here, far from the light and haze of the Bay Area, the sky is deep black, but thick with twinkling dots and dim wisps of cottony light. When I look from the corner of my eye, the dim lights become more defined, easier to perceive as stars. To count them all would take years, if it was even possible. The number seems incomprehensible. And the mystery of what could exist out there, somewhere, at once inspires and humbles me.
Enthralled by the night sky, I struggle to keep my eyes open, knowing with a disquieting certainty that upon my return to the ?real? world my focus will be drawn steadily and relentlessly away from the mysteries of the night sky.
The rea View the rest of this article


paranormal

No comments: