Friday, August 31, 2007

I'll Never Forget What's-Her-Name!- Winning the Name Game

My name is Craig. But I'll answer to Greg. Most Gregs I know answer to Craig. Of course we are not alone: there's Eva and Ava, Bill and Bob, Jeff and John, and many more. I can't complain. I often confuse and occasionally mangle others' names. Names are not my strong suit.
My purpose is not to engage in anthroponymy, the study of personal names. It's simply to remind you that learning, remembering and properly pronouncing other peoples’ names is more than just good manners, it's good business. smart sales and service. What's in a name? Everything!
Every Customer wants to be seen as individuals, feel special and feel respected. When you refer to a customer by their preferred name you are honoring them with respect. You’re also seeing them as the individual View the rest of this article


No comments: